Lights Out & Cold Hands

 Hi there Sam

I missed you in the session today. Both Sanskrit and Writing. 

Sanskrit was good as we had a good session sounding letters and sharing 'oms'. I  am finding it an interesting group and much more fun than the other groups I joined. These ladies seem much more keen to learn the letters and sounds and we look as though we are bounding ahead. Perhaps it is the way Gillian is tempering the lessons. Anyway I think (at last) I will actually know the alphabet by the end of these webinars.

Tonight's writing session only had 4 of us due to people being away and us with load-shedding. Our electricity went off at 12h00 and didn't come back on until about 17h30 and it's meant to be off now, so who knows what's going on? Certainly not ESKOM! The schedules all seem higgledy piggledy and I'm sure Dov could handle the schedule better than the powers that be. 

Back to our writing session. Because there were few of us we chatted a little and then went into writing. I must say once I am there I rather enjoy the time 'just writing' and it in turn stimulates me into other writing which is very gratifying. I did miss you though and look forward to a time when you won't be 'shedded' and are able to join us. A number of the Sanskrit students are from Benoni and were obviously unable to join in either hence the make-up class on Friday. In the Writing group we decided because often people are unable to join we should ask a friend or two to join the group. What are your feelings?

It's Dov's Jewish birthday on Friday and he is having a little Zoom cutting of the cake party on Friday. He wants a pirate cake which I'm sure his mother will do and perhaps there will be a treasure map as he loves puzzles and maps. Sadly gramps won't be able to attend, but I will be there of course!

Dovi and I are writing a book together. Originally we both made up the story and I illustrated. Now I still do the writing and Dovi does the drawings which is such fun!!! (See above)

Anyway, I hope we are able to meet on Friday morning. We have a lot to catch up.

Keep warm and hopefully your 'lights will go on' in time for a good read.




Comments