Fridays and Weekends

 Had a strange Friday, what with no end of week check in with you so my week-end started ahead of time and with an 'extra hour' on my hands it was somewhat of a treat.

I started off much earlier than normal as I called Dov to wish him 'happy' for his Jewish birthday and he was over the moon excited about his special day. We had a Zoom party at 16h00 with about 15 people popping in and out of the session. But it is so strange as the birthday 'party' is at home and everyone else sits quote solemnly (especially the older people) staring at the birthday boy not saying much. Perhaps it is an age thing as the children seem comfortable in managing the new fangled communications and the older ones look like old fashioned photographs where you were not permitted to smile in case you smudged the photographic plates. They stare glumly into the camera, sometimes primping and say very little. Dovi was centre stage and bopping around very excited and pleased with this modern day celebration.

Birthday Boy and his sister

After I chatted to the family early this morning, I set about experimenting with letters and colours which is always fun and sometimes a challenge as designs change and quotes need to alter too. As you know, preparing Zoom sessions and classes is always interesting and I love compiling a series. We've been exploring the alphabet and its origins and as I love letters and the development thereof I spend hours in books piled high studying various forms. I think my students have enjoyed these sessions too, so it's often a grand adventure. But I always feel that I need to follow through on the instructions so that I know the projects can be done. 
G for Gila
Can be read both ways round 'N' or 'U'

I've a new idea for the girls' birthdays. (16 and 18 this year). I have some beautiful Fabriano postcards and I will make a pack of cards for each of them with sayings and quotes and fun things to do. Luckily their birthdays are September and October so I have a little time and will write 'notes to self' to keep on right track. For a while, this will  be my focus instead of Driving over Stones and ancestors. Although perhaps I'll add a little about my Hartley one for interest. Obviously still a work in progress.

I have also been writing poems and prose for the writing/photographic project I was accepted for and it is rather interesting and even a little fun. The process is the same as ever: prompts (which are photographs in the book), write in journal. Leave. Re-look. Edit. And now I'm putting them onto the computer which also allows time for me to re-look and re-edit. I will send the ones I enjoy best to her this coming week. I think our deadline is 24 June - but I always like to be ahead of time if possible.

I hope you connect with Sanskrit tonight. I will be writing more letters between now and the next time we meet there. I probably will miss next week as the connection down at RC is abysmal. 

Anyway, I hope you have a warm, cosy weekend as we surmount the electricity challenges and everything else that is thrown at us in our one and interesting life.


.










Comments