So Sam, I think I did something rather silly, I sent All About Writing our blog address (they asked for community news & thought it was silly not to add the blog address) so I'm adding another portion quickly before we get 'seen'!

I'm planning the session for our Let's Write-Around the World group tomorrow night and have decided that I am not using Natalie's prompts but have put a few together from other ideas I've had. 

My quote will be a rather obvious one: 'One day or day one? You decide'. I think we all waffle along in reading, and writing and sometimes find that I often say blithely 'yes I'm a writer', but unless I'm given a shove I often find myself painting rather than writing. Natalie's course has been a great boost for us and I would like to keep that momentum going. 

I think our (W Wide) group is interesting and diverse and I am sure, with us all taking turns to 'host a session', we will be given some interesting prompts.

I love the fact that Rudi timed the prompt writing, reading time, quiet time so we are all assured that an hour will be time enough for 10 of us to participate fully. That sort of makes me feel breathless, but no doubt we will get into the rhythm of our sessions in time. 

In a way, my own writing on my FB page becomes my 'writing time'. Not sure if you saw the one where I tidied the linen drawers (which in itself is remarkable-although my ma and I often did that sort of thing together especially if we had an upcoming 'do'). It evoked wonderful memories for me and was such fun too.

The day after mother's day became the day I decided it is a great idea to tidy up linen drawers. The ones in the dining room filled with table mats, napkins, table cloths an table runners.
What a surprise as delightful memories surfaced.
After I'd unpacked and sorted piles of cream, white and floral fabric I started to repack them. As I was doing so memories flowed through my fingertips.
The hand made lace cloth made by my grandmother decorated both my wedding and our children's christening tables.
Then back went the numerous squares my mother cross-stitched for my trousseau. Hand-stitched, then taken to a wonderful store where the squares were cobbled together with lace. These hold memories of formal dinner parties, children's parties filled with fun and laughter and memorial day lunches.

 Mum's cross stitch

Bali Blue Bird

There are the colourful Indian cotton cloths which were I think originally meant for bedspreads which I used as decorative cloths for outdoor dinners and luncheons.
I found an exquisite hand KNITTED set of mats made by one of my oldest friends Linda. She made some for one of her daughter's trousseaus and perhaps because I was the godmother and cheeky enough to wish for some, I found them wrapped as a gift one birthday one year.
Carefully wrapped in tissue paper, is a magnificently sewn tablecloth and napkins crafted by nuns in Europe made for a friend of mine's grandmother I think. The work is delicate and fine and almost too good to use. (Imagine red wine or beetroot spilling onto silk organza?).
I found fine embroidered cloths which we bought in Mauritius. Colourful fabric from Rwanda (I have a tendency to buy fabric wherever we travel as it's easy to pack and colourful too). Blue block printing fabric from Bali and hand painted cloths from the time when it was the thing to make your own.
By the time I'd re-packed the drawers I felt as though I'd been on a wonderfully colourful journey and I left the dining room feeling exhilarated, not only because the drawers are spick and span, but grateful for all the good times we've shared with family and friends.

So at least we 'have another post should anyone 'pop in'. See you tomorrow night at our writing session.

Comments